I have a new obsession! What is it you ask? Spiralizing veggies with my new spiralizer from Inspiralized.com. Not only does the nifty little tool make spiralizing my veggies quick and easy (and fun even for my kids!) but the recipes on the blog are super tasty 🙂 I am starting a new 3 week fitness program that focuses on fast 30 minute workouts and portion-controlled nutrition and this recipe will fit perfect into the plan. The other awesome thing about spiralizing sweet potatoes is that they cook in no time at all. I have started spiralizing a couple at the beginning of the week and just using them as I need them: for breakfast with my eggs, at dinner, or even in my salads! This recipe came straight off the blog at Inspiralized.com. ENJOY!
- For the pork chops:
- 2 boneless pork chops, 3oz each
- salt and pepper
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- For the sweet potatoes and kale:
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, Blade D, noodles trimmed
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 cups chopped kale
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Rub each pork chop with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil, then season with salt and pepper. Set the chops aside.
- Set a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat and add in the last teaspoon of olive oil. Add the pork chops to the skillet for about 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Transfer the pork chops to the oven and roast until cooked through, about 7-9 minutes (if using a thermometer, the pork chops should register at 140 degrees in the thickest part.) Transfer the cooked pork chops to a plate and pour any pan juices into a small bowl and reserve. Let the pork chop stand for least 5 minutes, undisturbed.
- Once you transfer the pork chops into the oven, also place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and then add in the sweet potato noodles and season with salt and pepper. Let cook for 7 minutes or until cooked to your preference and then divide into two plates and immediately add in the rest of the olive oil and kale into the skillet. Cook the kale for 1 minute and then add in the garlic. Cook the kale and garlic for 3-5 more minutes or until kale is wilted and cooked. Divide the kale into the plates with the sweet potato noodles.
- Top each plate with a pork chop and drizzle over the sweet potatoes and kale with the reserved pan juices. Serve immediately.